Friday, February 3, 2012

Earning my ears

Today was my last day of on the job training. I have officially "earned my ears!" It was really overwhelming at first but I think I'm definitely starting to get the hang of things. Check ins are going smoothly, and I'm learning a lot about the resort. Hopefully I'll have a solid routine down soon. I'm still a little worried about getting lost in the tunnels under the resort.. it's hard to tell where you are when you're under the building! Tomorrow is my first day on my own with no trainer by my side.. and it starts bright and early at 5:45am! Woo! But actually, I would prefer this shift over other ones now that I've been working it for a while. Sure, I hate getting out of bed at 4:30am but it feels good to be done with the day at 2pm! Next week I'm working until 2:30am all week and I am not happy about that at all. I won't be able to see Alex at all since he will be getting home from work the same time I have to be heading in to work. And believe it or not, I'm actually on a fairly normal sleep schedule now and I really don't want to keep flip flopping. I certainly won't be able to keep those shifts up, so hopefully I can get that worked out ASAP.
I tried to take some pictures of the animals at work today. It is SO cool to look out the window and see these amazing animals roaming around. I don't think that will ever get old. I've also seen the sunrise over the savannas through the enormous windows in the lobby the past few days and that is definitely a sight to see. I really love the lodge. When I have a stack of extra money laying around I'll have to stay there some time. :)

zebras!

giraffes!


Alex is loving his job as an education presenter. I knew he'd be a natural. He has told me lots of stories about the families and kids he's been able to interact with. He works at the Kid's Discovery Club stations around the Animal Kingdom park where he promotes conservation messages to the guests. There are several games at the different stations that he's been telling me about including one where the kids learn how to track animal signs- fake poop included. He said of course the boys get a kick out of seeing the fake poop but when the little girls realize what it is they get really shy and embarrassed. haha! He also told me that he had a family ask him to pose for a picture with their kids and that warmed his little heart. :) When I have a day off I'll have to head to Animal Kingdom and see what his normal days are like.


This is our apartment complex. We absolutely love it so far! And the name is just a bonus :) (it's called Bella in case you were wondering, and no, I didn't plan that.)


And here's some of that gorgeous Florida sunshine :)



Well, it's nap time for me! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment