Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's Day

Sorry for the delay in posting.. I've been struggling a little bit. My hours have really been horrible and all over the place. It's making it really hard for me to get decent sleep or be on a normal sleep schedule, but most importantly it's making it difficult for Alex and I to see each other regularly unless we somehow get lucky and have the same days off. So for right now, I'm going to avoid updating on the work front.

Luckily, Alex and I both had Monday and Tuesday off- which included Valentine's Day! On Monday we spent lots of time at Magic Kingdom. The crowds were still pretty low last week so we got to ride lots of rides and the lines were pretty much non existent. We also recently started pin trading. If you're not familiar with it, it's a pretty big trend around all of the parks. Basically there's tons of pins out there from all of the Disney movies, theme parks, rides, etc. and guests can buy and trade pins all over Disney property. Most cast members wear a lanyard of pins around their necks and you can go up and trade any of your pins with them. It's become really addicting already! :)

On Tuesday we went to Animal Kingdom for lunch and walked around there for a while (by the way it was about 80 degrees here!) then we headed to Hollywood Studios. That night we had dinner at our favorite restaurant in the Polynesian resort- it's called Kona Cafe. We ate at this same restaurant right after Alex proposed, on our honeymoon and for both of our birthdays. The food was wonderful!

Here we are on the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride :)

this is at the end of Snow White's Scary Adventures (this is a really old ride that is actually going to be closed very soon)



Last night we went to Magic Kingdom again because the park was open until 1am. The crowds are much bigger now, and it's going to stay that way through the week because there's cheerleading competitions going on down here and also the Disney Princess half marathon that tons of people love to run. Alex and I are going to have a busy week at work, that's for sure.

I've also been missing the family a LOT lately. I sent the Phillips family a package earlier this week with a birthday present for Gracie and Kristen and of course some Mickey Mouse rice krispie treats for Leanna and Gracie. :) The other day I had a voice mail from Kristen and I listened to it on my dinner break at work. As soon as I heard Gracie and Leanna's voices thanking me for their gifts I awkwardly burst into tears right there in the break room. I miss those little girls and everyone so much! It also made it tough because last night was the first family get together since we've been gone celebrating lots of birthdays at my house. I hate missing family gatherings- it's only happened a handful of times my whole life so this was especially tough. I even thought about driving through the night so we could be there. I attempted to face chat on the iphone with Kenny while everyone was there but I wasn't at home and didn't have a wifi signal so it didn't work. :( I wish so badly that everyone was down here with us right now! I'm still determined to make it happen.. having the whole family come on vacation to Disney World would be the most amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment